Couple dies after being suffocated by Mbaula

In Kasungu, a couple has died after being allegedly suffocated by burning Mbaula which they took into their bedroom as they were retiring to bed.

The incident occurred on the night of July 2, 2020 at Yesaya Saka village in the area of Traditional Authority Mnyanja.

The deceased have been identified as Vincent Saka 57 and Jovita Phiri 45 all from Yesaya Saka village in the area of Traditional Authority Mnyanja in the district.

Facts are that, the couple after taking supper last night they retired to bed but people were surprised to see that the couple was not coming out of their house. An arrangement was made to force the door open to find out why the couple was not coming out and this is when it was established that Vincent Saka and his wife Jovita Phiri were dead.

Upon checking around inside their bedroom it was discovered that there was Mbaula which is alleged to have been taken along as the couple was retiring to bed to keep them warm.

Postmoterm has shown that death occurred due to suffocation secondary to inhaling injury.

Inspector Harry Namwaza
Public Relations Officer
Kasungu Police Station

Share this article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *